Yield: 12 Muffins
Prep Time: 10-12 minutes
Bake Time: 14-18 minutes
Oven Temperature: 400 degrees
½ cup of butter (melted)
1 cup sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup whole milk
Juice of one lemon
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1 TSP baking soda
1 TSP salt
2 cups fresh or frozen berries
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour the melted butter, sugar & vanilla into a bowl.
2) Whisk until thoroughly combined.
3) Add the eggs. Whisk until combined
4) Add the milk and buttermilk. Whisk until combined.
5) Cut lemon in half and juice into bowl. Remove any seeds. Add to liquid mixture. Whisk well and set aside.
6) In a new bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir together.
7) Pour half of the flour mixture into the liquid mix. Stir gently until combined. Add in the remaining flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over stir. Once combined gently fold in the fresh or frozen berries.
8) Line your muffin pans with silicone or paper liners. Scoop 1/3 cup muffin batter into each liner. Bake for 14-18 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.